41 TEAMS ’ 17 CONFERENCE + EXPO #TEAMSconference
and three new bourbon distilleries—
all slated to open before Louisville
hosts TEAMS ’ 18,” said Williams.
The Kentucky International Convention Center is one of two convention centers available for sports events
in Louisville. The other, the Kentucky
Exposition Center, sits on more than
400 acres near the Louisville International Airport and provides more than
1 million square feet of climate-controlled indoor exhibition space,
meeting rooms, public areas and Freedom Hall, a 19,000-seat indoor arena.
Both the Kentucky Exposition Cen-
ter and the Kentucky International
Convention Center are operated by
Kentucky Venues, which is governed
by the Kentucky State Fair Board and
also produces signature events in the
city that include the World’s
Championship Horse Show, the
Championship Tractor Pull, the North
American Championship Rodeo and
the All-In Hoopfest.
1. Held at Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby attracts more than 165,000 fans annually.
2. Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center has hosted a number of boxing events.
3. Cross country competitions can be staged at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park.
4. Sanctioned by USA BMX, Derby City BMX promotes the sport of bicycle motocross.
5. Louisville is the birthplace of boxing legend Muhammad Ali.
6. The Muhammad Ali Center promotes learning through various educational programming.
Photos courtesy of the Louisville CVB and Louisville Sports Commission